Home  ·  About Me  ·  Contact Me  ·  Services and Fees  ·  Site Map  ·  Shopping Cart
Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered Counseling
Search By Keyword

Search By Keyword


Video Calls Using:


Yahoo Messenger


GLBT Counseling and Sexuality Counseling

For the most part, I see counseling gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered  clients not much different from counseling anybody else.  The problems gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered clients have in their relationships are pretty similar to the problems married couples face, especially in the areas of communication, intimacy, sex and money. 

However, there are some issues specific to the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered communities.  These include accepting their own sexuality in a society that is not always welcoming to gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered people.  Both historically and currently, about 10% of the general population is gay or lesbian.  Some people in the other 90% still hold very anti-gay views.  If one of those people is your parent, or your boss, or your best friend from high school, all those situations and others can make accepting your own sexuality more difficult. Get GLBT support today!

Once you’ve accepted your own sexuality, coming out may be an issue: when, where, to the world or to just certain members of your own circle.   How involved to become in your local gay and lesbian community may be an issue related to this.  So may finding dates and long-term partners.  I find that most gay,  lesbian, bisexual and transgendered clients are looking for the same thing the rest of us want:  a life partner to love and be loved by, someone to grow old with. Get sexuality counseling and find answers.

Another significant issue for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered people is children, whether and how to have children in their lives.  I am comfortable discussing all aspects of this issue with clients, as well as all the other issues mentioned above. Get GLBT counseling and you'll get the help you need.

Helpful books:

“The Velvet Rage”, Alan Downs
“Gay Fatherhood:  Narratives of Family”, Ellen Lewin
“The Story of Sexual Identity”, Phillip Hammack and Bertram Cohler
“Gay and Lesbian Couples”, R. Mackey, B. O’Brien & E. Mackey

Buy here
From Amazon.com
Buy here
from Barnes&Noble.com

For help with your issues and to get GLBT support, click here: